Hello Playful People – for those in the Education world it’s the start of another academic year…so with open arms we welcome you to this months round-up!
Upcoming Playful Opportunities:
- Our next Playful Learning Association face to face event is Nov 21st/22nd at the University of Manchester, focussing on the Role of Playfulness in Health and Wellbeing. Booking is now open and we’re asking for session ideas.
- What do you think about adult playfulness? Members are asked to complete this survey about the value of play in higher education by researchers at the University of Edinburgh.
- The next UK Play14 (unconference on play) is Sept 27-29th in London but also has other European dates coming up.
- For anyone in the Denmark area (or planning a trip) check out this digital/toy bootcamp event from Playtrack on 9th Sept in Aarhus:
What did you miss?
- The official photos from the 2019 Playful Learning Conference came out a few weeks ago, celebrated with a Twitter caption competition – here’s a selection of entries including our winner Liza Penn-Thomas (prize in the post!).
- Ambiguity of (traffic) signs – Nina Luostarinen (University of Lapland)
Meet Sam! Each month we will introduce a PLA member through 5 photos telling their Playful Learning journey. This month we feature Sam Clarke, Research Assistant, Disruptive Media Learning Lab, Coventry University. Find out why Sam thinks she used to be a cat.
That’s all for now, to share your news in the October round-up, just comment below or use #PlayLearn on Twitter.